Tips how to choose dive center
You may have your own diving equipment, but it is still always recommended to use trusted dive centers in order to ensure that you remain safe during your dive.
Below are some useful hints and tips on what to look for when choosing a dive center in a foreign country and in Jordan as well.
- Hospitality. Have an idea of what your expectations of a dive center are. Do you want a small and personal service or do you want a luxury dive center that is used to organizing dives with large groups of people? In our dive center maximum group for certified divers are 4-6 people.
- Personal touch. Diving schools should always have a personal touch. You should be made to feel welcome and important and be able to speak to the instructors about what your requirements are and how they can best meet them. If you are an experienced diver, your needs will be different than if you are going on a first dive, for example.
- Instructors and divemasters. They should all be fully trained and licensed to provide diving courses and most will also have specific areas of specialization. We conduct courses and dives for all levels from try dive to divemaster. We at Coral Garden Diving center rely on one of the best diving associations – PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors).
- Recommendations. It is always great to hear other people’s first-hand experience of a dive center. Ask friends, family or even other travelers if they have any recommendations of who to dive with in the area. Check our recommendation on TripAdvisor
- Social media. Social media is an excellent window into a dive center’s day to day activities and their unique personality.Does it look like they are having fun?What sort of marine life are they seeing?
Are customers positively engaging?
- Facilities in the dive center. There is an important thing but often overlooked: facilities in the dive center. You will want to use a dive center that offers civilized facilities such as clean showers and toilets, a classroom for studying or briefing before the action takes place and more.