Gorgone One dive site Aqaba Jordan
Gorgone One dive site Aqaba, Jordan
Name: Gorgone One Aqaba
Depth: max – 15 meters / 50 feet
Access: shore and boat
Visibility: 10-30 meters
Name of the dive site
The reason to give this name is that it has two large Gorgonia corals.
The maximum depth of the site is 18 meters and is excellent for newly certified divers. It has entry access from the shore 3 meters wide and 4 meters deep. After passing through this wonderful passage (various uncommon shy creatures hiding in caves all the way along) the diver will meet a vast cabbage coral.
Marine life of Gorgone One dive site Aqaba
Gorgone One Aqaba has been rated as one of the best for diving and snorkeling. This site is an excellent shallow dive in an area covered in coral. There are 3 pinnacles, each with its own ecosystem. The central pinnacle boasts a busy cleaning station. Hawksbill turtles frequent the area. Around the northern pinnacle are a shoal of big-eye emperors and a large shoal of sergeant major fish. The mooring is to the south in a sandy patch at 15 meters.
This dive provides examples of a fantastic array of the different varieties of the coral of the Red Sea. The site has two large pinnacles extending from the bottom to the sea surface. They inhabit by unique soft and hard corals forming a safe and wealthy home for many kinds of beautiful invertebrates and fish. The boulder, fan and table corals complete the coral-packed tour!
Learn more about dive sites in Aqaba
Why Book with Coral Garden?
- #1 on TripAdvisor and Google rankings in Jordan
- High-quality equipment and air tanks
- Fixed prices. Packages available
- Dive Masters and Instructors with more than 10 years of experience
- Wide choice of destinations and dive boats
- Shop inside our Dive Center for all your equipment needs
- Free transportation from any location inside Aqaba
- Friendly team that makes your dives unforgettable